#263   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-19, 12:56
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Thanks for the visit Jess.

I wish I could like running, too. Well, I am getting there, but I still hate the first mile of a run. If you could read my thoughts you'd find a whole lot of bargaining going on between the wimpy me that wants to quit and the competitive me that wants to get a good workout in. Somewhere in the second mile it gets easier. I'm warmed up enough to find a comfortable pace - but I'm still not loving it. Now that I've been doing it for a while mile 3 isn't so bad provided that I'm not trying to set a speed record. I can think about other stuff at that point -- something besides the misery of running. It has taken many, many workouts to get to this point. I'm surprised that I've been willing to endure the punishment that it took to get here. Running a leisurely 5K on a flat surface is getting to be almost enjoyable -- not the torture that it was a few months back.

You know all about being busy, busy, busy. What I'm liking about this running thing is that I get a really good workout in a short amount of time. I have lots on the 'honey-do' list when the weather gets better. 30 minutes of running vs. a 60 to 90 minute walk has me more fit than ever and provides more time to do what my revitalized life requires of me. I'm amazed that I'm even able to run regularly at my age, especially considering the fact that when I started this I had not jogged in over 25 years. It's working out, so I'll likely stick with it for the time being.