View Single Post
  #261   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-19, 10:16
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Better 5K run at the Y last night. Even after 6 days from my long outdoor run recovery was still underway. That run a week ago worked my hamstrings well and I could feel them last night. I'm almost back to 100%. I need more of that tough stuff through the end of this month. 5 weeks from now I will have just finished the Richmond Monument Ave 10K. It is coming up fast.

Mile 1 pace: 10:35 min/mile
Mile 2 pace: 10:44 min/mile
Mile 3 pace: 10:04 min/mile
.1 mile push to the finish: 9:21 min/mile
Total time: 32:55
Overall average pace: 10:25

I did try to push the pace somewhat on this run. I wasn't trying for a 5K best, but I wasn't loafing either. I was feeling good when I finished. I could have easily done more. But I decided to hold off. I have another long run planned for Sunday. The temperature is supposed to be 70 degrees. That will be a welcome change. I ran over 16 miles in the past week. That's my best total yet.

Today Kelsey is returning from GMU for spring break. She told me that she wants to get 5 runs in this week, including a practice 10K. That's my girl! She wants to kick my butt in the 10K this year and I think she is going to do it. She has been faithfully running the hills around her campus a couple of times per week over the winter. She is in the best shape of her young life.