View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 15:56

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I mostly work from home but when I'm away I'll choose Low-Carb meal replacement bars (I call that emergency food), hard boiled eggs or nuts. It depends on how long I'm going to be away. Nuts are my first choice.

I'm careful with Atkins meal replacement bars because so many are soy based and GMO soy is saturated with Round-Up. I contacted Atkins asked if they used non-GMO soy and I got the "The FDA says GMO soy is fine" - and it might be, but it is engineered to withstand massive doses of the water soluble glyphosate (Round-up) which is banned in many countries as a probable carcinogen.

The Slim-Fast Keto bars are OK but melt easily. Quest bars are good but high in protein (whey based) so I'll try to eat fatty foods when I'm home to keep the balance.

Netrition.com has some zero or one carb per slice breads that you could use to make a sandwich if you have a way to keep it cool or use no-sugar nut butter. Oh they don't taste like real bread but they are OK.

Whether at work or not, I only drink water, coffee or tea. I bring my own tap water rather than ingest the plastic from bottled tap water. I have glass bottles and thermos jugs.

Bob