View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 14:11
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Just an aside. I am posting my 1st 2 weeks worth of meals in my j. All of them. And snacks. Note: I am bigger than most so take that under consideration. Week one I averaged 1800 calories (not that I am really counting calories as I use myfitnesspal for charting all my foods and weight, etc and it breaks it down by calories) and 33 net grams carbs. I WAS aiming for 20g. I failed to hit my carb mark but (my thinking follows and I am medicated so take that into consideration (wink)) since I am aiming at <40g carb in the long term I figured what the heck. I speak just for me.
Truthfully, I had a big New Years meal. I live in the south. I simply needed my black eye peas and butter beans mixed. (Look up that carb load! Woof!) So, it was not like I was eating candy. My extra carbs came from real food.
Again, my INTENTION was 2 weeks of OLD TYPE Atkins induction. I overshot the carbs a bit on healthy (for me) foods. I expect some of the same for this coming week and then clean sailing once I hit the Atkins 40 plan next Sunday since it is what I have been doing since the start. Or if it makes me look less moronic consider that I am just doing Atkins 40 from the start. (Man, that would have been easier than explaining how I screwed up my induction, albeit successfully. )
Regardless, I have been eating well - again, look at my menus - I am seldom hungry. I have do not have any cravings. I liberally use fats (butter, avocado, bacon, etc) and eat foods I really REALLY enjoy. That was always my downfall in the past. I ate diet foods. I knew I was on a diet. Give me a lunch like I just ate (field greens, salami, ham, turkey, premium cheese and bleu cheese dressing, topped with a few green olives) and I can do this diet standing on my head.
So, I thank those who have given me advice now and over the years and if I can help anyone in their journey to find what works for them I will only be paying it back. :-)