View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-08, 16:55
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Sara, I am updating Fitday faithfully again. I think having a weekly weigh-in only helps. I also took my measurements because your point about body SHAPE is well taken. I would definitely say that from LCing and exercising like I did that - even with the effects of pregnancy - my shape is still much different than when I started (even though both numbers are the same).

Thanks for the compliments on my wee one! I'm biased but I do this he's super cute. And yeah, I'm trying so hard not to whine, but I am very challenged to take care of Mom and Ian. It's a little bit like two children...in some ways better, some worse. With Mom it's like having a child that can manage to get breakfast on her own, dress herself (but needs help bathing, for safety's sake as well as confusion) and entertain herself, and is willing and desirous to do simple tasks around the house as long as you supervise. So all that is good. But she also has bills to pay, medicine to keep track of, doctor's appointments to oversee, taxes to prepare and a house to sell and other administrative things as well as some chauffering (I'm trying to promote her social life so she goes to the senior center a good bit). So...maybe like a college student living at home? <chuckle> I dunno. The senior category is an interesting one! We are lucky to have each other. That woman sacrificed more than I could describe over the years to ensure I had a good life. It's my turn to care for her. It's difficult to be sure, but I'd have it no other way.

It's especially unique to be in this position with my Mom AND have a newborn, though. I think it might be why we'll only have one child, but that's another topic for another day and another thread!

Sooooooo....the protein shake sounds really yummy. Did you post what kind of protein you use on the other thread? I'm about to go look. I am taking CO softgels but I think I'll get back to using the actual oil. How do you mix it in with the shake so it doesn't glob up? Please share your tips!