View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-18, 10:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Hi Jess! I started LC in mid August. My goal was to lose about 20-25#. I’m pretty serious about losing this excess weight. I LC’d several years back lost weight but then just started ‘cheating’, if you will, with ice cream because I wanted it. Then it was French bread etc. We as human can justify anything. 🙃 pretty soon the LC lifestyle is not foremost in your mind.
LC’g is not only a way of eating (which by the way is healthy), but it is a mindset. There are LC breads, ice creams, pasta etc in the grocery. These type of items are not good for the mindset that you are trying to overcome. Theoretically, you are still eating bread, ice cream and pasta. Your way of eating hasn’t changed. Then you are out to dinner they bring rolls with your dinner, that transition to eating that bread is a very easy decision because you have been eating bread. Not too much thought goes into ‘oh that’s high in carbs’. For me, I do not ‘fool’ myself into eating foods that are made to be low carb. I eat as natural as I can. Fresh meat & veggies (low carbs) & some fruits. I do eat low carb tortillas occasionally- if I need to be out and about and need a quick easy lunch. Also salads. I love salads, but didn’t fix them when I was out - I’d fix a sandwich as it was easier to eat on the go. I now fix delicious salads. It really isn’t much trouble at all.
As far as losing weight, I’m losing slowly but losing. Days are up 1/2# then down. I can’t seem to break my lowest number -142.6# which is frustrating but motivating. I diligently watch what I eat, I weigh every morning (keeps me motivated) - but the Big Positive is the NSV (non scale victories). My pants are practically falling off. I’m getting my waist back and my hips are slimming down.
Hang in there - you’ll see changes. Good Luck.