Old Fri, May-06-11, 13:54
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddswife
Holy cow! I think I found my trigger. I have been doing SBD since Sunday, April 17th and I have lost about 8 poiunds. I have had a few slips but nothing huge and really nothing that caused an all out carb binge. I feel I have been doing great with handling my cravings, which have all but disappeared...that is until yesterday. I am well into Phase 2 so I thought for lunch I would try an open faced sandwich. I had Brownberry Oatnut Bread with a piece of swiss cheese, turkey, mustard and some veggies. It tasted great and filled me up for the lunch time.

By the time I got home I had this absolute uncontrollable urge to bake something...absolutely needed brownies, cupcakes, anyting...I finally settled on Rice Krispie Bars and I ate 5 of them before I could stop myself. Then as I was laying in bed, I got up and went down to the kitchen AGAIN just to cut another one -even AFTER I was already in bed!!!! Talk about not being in control.

I am guessing my trigger is bread and, therfore, I am going to try and stay away from that as much as I can because I can not possibly do that to myself again. It was like watching a movie of myself and being totally disgusted with what I saw yet not being able to stop it.

I think this week I am going to reintroduce some whole grain pasta one day and see what happens. God help me..!!!

Flour is a huge issue for many of us and I am one of them.
I strongly suggest that you do not go for the whole grain pasta as it is still from grain processed into flour.
Go for starchy veggies for now....hold off on any flour for a few weeks.
Ask me first next time!!