#98   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-12, 01:56

Plan: LC Maintain
Stats: 220/127.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:20.6
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrygirl
TaraTea- So glad to hear the obstacle course race was fun, even with the time problems. If you don't do a half this year, do you think you'll do one next year?

I loved the half. The funniest thing to me was how different my mindset was in a long race. Motivation-wise, I felt really dialed in. A big part of me wants to try for a marathon, but at the same time, I'm not sure if it's the best choice or not.

This winter, my goal is to increase my speed. Soon, the snow and ice will be here and long distance running will be really difficult. But the treadmill at the gym is always available for speed training. I don't like speed training, but I love the results! I want to set new PRs next year.

I will definitely be running the next nearby half marathon i see whether it's this year or next spring. i'm entering a turkey trot 5k this month as well for fun. i like mingling with other runners. with my schedule, it can be hard to meet people.

i say you should pick your ideal marathon and make it your goal. maybe it won't happen this year or next year, but someday. there are so many awesome sounding marathons out there.

also recently i've been getting interested reading about the ultra marathon trail races. it would be a great way to see the world in a new way. next year i'd like to try for a 50k preferably off the pavement.

i like race updates too! keep them coming.