#15   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-19, 15:38

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
I agree with Thud, although I don't always have the discipline to just follow a plan and let things settle where they will. Sometimes, within my plan, I'll end up calorie restricting. And I'll get leaner. But when I lose weight just eating to appetite, and depending on types of food eaten/restricting carbs and pre-made foods (I actually find I'm hungrier with a fridge full of cheese and pepperoni, than full of raw meat and eggs that need cooking) etc., it stays lost. I suspect much of the problem with processed food is just that it's easy-access, low effort versus reward. Similar problem with nuts, perfectly good low carb food, just too easy to snack on.

Weight staying off when I eat to appetite, but change food types makes sense, since I just ate to appetite, and that's where my weight went. When I calorie restrict, I'll lose weight, but by definition I'm eating less than my appetite, and as I get leaner, that becomes harder, not easier, to do.

I think you gave hit on an important aspect for those if us that struggle with control. Easy to eat foods are too easy to eat too much. For me, that means nuts, peanut butter, gard cheeses, ricotta and cottage cheese.I like your management style of only preparing one meal at a time. That us biult in control. I hadnt realized much if my recent control is simple by limiting access to nuts(no opened bags), eating ricotta like yougurt because its in the house.

When I fill up on salad, which never makes the binge list, lol, and a couple eggs and a few ounces grd beef, the cruising for immediate munching goes away.

L-tyrosine and green tea may be aiding in this control as well.