View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-06, 15:37
Registered Member

Plan: Reduced carbs
Stats: 163/148/132 Female 160
BF:
Progress: 48%

Yes, I was quite shocked, too, when I found out that the symptoms are the same and that I had a lot of them. Some researchers say fibro IS Lyme, although I believe there can be different causes for fibro but I am no scientist. Now I won't even say I have fibro anymore. When anyone asks me, I say I have Lyme Disease.

Luckily a low carb diet is the correct diet to go on and I have been doing this for all the time I have been ill. It has been trial and error to find out which foods give me an upset stomach or nausea and I now eat things that don't make me ill. No real weight loss though, as you can see from my stats. The weight loss will occur once I start on antibiotic treatment to kill the bugs and my body is strong enough to cope.

Last year in July and August I felt fine and hoped that I was getting better but my symptoms returned slowly and I went back to square one. I have no idea why I was feeling better though. My symptoms come and go and change. I have started to write down my symptoms daily to see if there is some kind of pattern.

And yes, you are absolutely right. Diet and supplementation (I take lots of different things) are very important because they help the body to fight whatever is making you ill but in the case of Lyme it is not enough, sadly, which I know now. In the three years of not being treated, the bugs have been allowed to multiply without my immune system knowing that they are there and that's a horrible thought.

It makes me sad to think that there could be lots of people that have been told there is no cure for their illness or 'it is all in their minds' and in reality they have an infection and need urgent treatment. If I can make people aware of this disease and save one person from years of suffering, I would be very happy.

That's why I am preaching about it, it really isn't to criticise anything you have written if I have come across that way.

Best wishes

Michaela