View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 09:59
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%

Carb counts are for entire recipe. I personally use Designer Whey French Vanilla or Vanilla Praline, which is available from online merchants like netrition.com, from health food stores, or from nutrition stores like GNC. I've never tried it with other brands, but I don't think it should make a big difference -- just be sure that whatever brand you buy is artificially sweetened, only a gram or two of carbs per scoop, as there are some sugar-sweetened whey protein mixes on the market.

As for substituting Atkins shake mix, I can just imagine how that wouldn't work at all! The Atkins mixes do contain whey protein, but they've got lots of other ingredients designed to help them dissolve quickly and smoothly in liquid. Whey protein powder is much coarser and grainier, and it gets really sticky when you add smaller amounts of liquids to it. Also, the Atkins shake mix I have came with a rather small scoop, so that the serving size was listed as two scoops; however, a normal scoop of whey protein is 1/3 c, and that's what I mean in my recipe.