Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 13:19
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtena
Well....I think this Mercola guy is also anti-aspartame. But his website is full of emotion and low on factual scientific research, IMHO. I use Splenda very moderately, and I think it has done me less harm than the massive amounts of sugar I used to consume.

Yep, splenda is way safer than sugar.

People foolishly believe if something is "natural" it can't be bad for you. The minor side effects rats consuming incredible amounts of sucralose is nothing compared to the side effects those rats would have experienced if force fed equal amounts of sugar. Actually I bet they would have experienced most of the sucralose symptoms plus they would have become obese sluggish and diabetic .

I think this guy is just trying to push stevia. You know what, stevias safety is under review too. I think it is even banned in some countries. Lots of unsafe and even deadly things are found in nature. This is why I have little respect for holistic remedies; it is a fallacy to equate man-altered with "unhealthy/unsafe" and natural with "healthy/safe". Judgement should be passed based on experienced side effects, not the derivatives of a product/treatment.