View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Fri, Mar-20-15, 10:56

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I was successful on WW in 2001. I lost 35lbs and was 5lbs away from goal when they stopped offering it at work. I stayed about the same weight for about 5 years. Then started really gaining at the end of my 30's...like 20+ a year for several years.

As part of a wellness intiative at work, they brought WW back. This time the new points plus and some no counting thing. Couldn't lose more than 5lbs on it. It was super frustrating, because it worked before. I didn't realize how much they changed things.

I have also done LA weight loss and we had to eat 2 of those protein bars a day. Holy crap! Whatever they put in them made me binge eat those darn bars. I still lost 25lbs but quickly gained it back.

So yeah, I was feeling like a failure. If you're not losing on any if those programs, somehow it's your own fault. Took me awhile to realize that the diet had failed me not the other way around.

I have to wonder if when these diet companies get so big that if they really care about people actually losing weight or if they are just interested in selling product. Just about every one I've looked into wants to sell me some product or requires I eat their processed crap.
Sponsored Links