View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-24, 08:20

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

We knew it was going to happen.

I just can't imagine being a kid and dealing with the side effects of those drugs - nausea, vomiting, severe constipation and/or diarrhea. Severe stomach pains if they dare to try to eat anything with more than minimal fat content.

Exhaustion because they're not able to take in enough high quality food energy to keep going. Muscle loss. Hair loss. "Ozempic face" - can you imagine being 12 years old, looking and feeling like someone who's 70 because your face looks so haggard and you've lost half you hair?

While I don't want the kids in the study to feel awful, I hope that it very quickly shows it's simply not a viable method for kids. (preferably before they even get to the 2nd week)

And whether or not the trial goes on as long as planned, that they also follow up on their ongoing results after the drug is removed, and realize that this is no more effective at keeping weight off than it is for adults.

What makes them even imagine this is a viable plan for kids? It's not even viable for adults! As soon as you discontinue the drug, the weight piles back on at an alarming rate, because it does nothing to help them in the long run.

It's the crappy diet they're eating that's the root of the problem. Even if they're not binging on junk food, they've no doubt done a "healthy" low fat diet with minimal protein, but loads and loads of "healthy" carbs. They need to open their eyes and realize that's what make them fat to begin with.