#22   ^
Old Mon, May-11-20, 16:14

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
I still have plenty of resolve, and I'm very careful about what foods are even allowed in the house! But I'm still well up in the "danger" zone for Covid. Ive been trying for 11 years to break my weight stall, so doubt I can do it overnight during these trying times. I assume I'll die if I get Covid, I'm doing my best to stay self-isolated.

I can't recall at the moment which doctor's video I heard it from, that some obese people grow lots of new fat cells for storage and thus remain metabolically healthy while many other people's fat cells don't multiply, just get too full and become inflamed/die. Speculation on my part obviously since we've never met but perhaps you may belong to the former group rather than the latter. Which could explain your body's disinterest in leaving its present plateau, that is, many fat cells storing normal/healthy amounts of fat (which won't do well with striving constantly to be chronically under-filled). Unlike the person with fewer unhealthily overfilled cells needing to reduce their contents down to reach normal non-inflammatory levels of storage, who would probably end up appearing much thinner if they succeed considering their fewer number of cells. My understanding from the video is the former person is much more likely to be metabolically healthy despite large physical size than the latter even if they're relatively thin looking on the outside (thin outside fat inside: TOFI). Please don't be discouraged if you can help it! I still suspect you're a lot healthier and more resistant to illness than it may seem!