#50   ^
Old Mon, Sep-28-20, 15:22

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
When I read the question, I googled it and came up with a good explanation. The website also has a calculator. Pleased to say that according to this, I'm in a perfect space.
https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/why-sbmic.html
Interesting calculator. According to the "smart" BMI calculator they say I am merely overweight rather than obese, LOL.

But I added the rest of the Quiz information about goal weight, current diet, etc. Their calculator doesn't take into account weight already lost and seems to assume that I'm weight-stable, telling me, for example:
Quote:
At this weight level, you are at risk of gaining more weight. If you manage to maintain your current weight, you have reached your first and most important goal. Weight loss should only take the second place...

Your weight target is in the right direction but very ambitious. A fast weight loss of 50 pounds/kilograms could be the initial phase of a yo-yo effect. It may be safer to try 14 pounds first, stabilize on the level of 211 pounds and then set a new target, if this seems sensible...

Low-carb diets may help to reduce body weight and improve blood sugar and lipid levels. However, in contrast to a Mediterranean diet, low-carb diets are much less sustainable. Moreover, they likely increase disease and mortality risk, despite short term improvement of some risk factors. If you want to stop dieting, do it step by step.
No thank you. I currently have no interest in stopping dieting.