#7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-18, 11:36

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
I'm really worried, I have to have my glucose taken every week a few times for my class and since I cut my thyroid back every class it is higher. For a few weeks it was 105, then 121, then 152, I haven't taken it the last 2 weeks. I break out in sweats. My hair is falling out again.

Isnt this ALL due to the low thyroid hormones???

Quote:

I had a heart arrhythmia associated with low thyroid PSVT that I took medication for but it went away when I got thyroid treatment.

ummmm, keep pressing for thyroid meds.

Quote:

I have the chance for a $3000 scholarship but I have to write essays and make a resume on their format and I don't have energy.

This is way so many students turn to drugs. Im NOT in favor of illicit drugs, no, no , NO. BUT coffee and caffeine is legal, and is used pretty much by every AMerican based on the long lines at the coffee shops in the morning. Used carefully caffeine can help you function a little better. REALIZE too much can kill you. Keep to the amount in a cup of coffee. Drinks like "bull" need to be carefully monitored for content and how many.

Quote:

I've never heard of anyone having the awful medical care that I have.

Actually you are not alone-- this seems to be the norm. When I learn as much as I can about my own condition, as you do about yours, you see how poor the medical system is to help us. So use the system to get what you need.

Quote:

I've been written up so many times at my job now. Luckily they can't keep anyone working there and no one will the take job. I don't know if I should take a leave of absence I can barely function.

Do you need the money??????? If you take a leave, they will fill the job with a warm body. You will have to wait until that replacement person is gone to get the job back. WIll that work for you?

Take naps. I often sleep better by raising my head, and sleeping on my side, with my head tipped back. Like someone is about to give me mouth to mouth resuscitation. Even 15-20 minutes actually helps the brain work better in my personal experience.

You will likely need to stop all caffeine by a certain time. FOr me it is 6pm. Otherwise I am too wired to get to sleep no matter how much I try.

Also , sweets and carby foods raise serotonin. THis is a double edged sword. serotonin is a calming hormone, and is boosted by these foods. But it also saps your need to go-go-go.

Just take one day at a time!!!!

Make a written to do list-- reduce the strain on your brain. My kids use their phones to put in reminders like a scheduled event, to do a particular thing at a particular time. ie. one son puts in his meds reminders.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS !!!