View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-08, 08:08

Plan: Controlling the Carbs
Stats: 282/197.5/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 64%

I finished reading PPLP can I just say it had me a little confused once I got to the menus. I don't I guess I am so use to SB and Atkins format that it kind of threw me off.

Of course I come with questions??????

First off how in the world do you count your protein? I don't have a scale and couldn't tell you what a 2 oz piece of chicken look like compared to 4 oz.

As far as fat do you just add enough for cooking but not intentionally ADD lots to make it high fat?

What about calories? I noticed in the book he does mention that you have to be mindful of that.

Umm let's see what about the carbs? Someone mentioned before that in the PP book that it said to start with 30 carbs but I don't recall seeing this in PPLP.

I know I am going to have to read the book again.

One thing I want to ay about Atkins and I actually started a thread asking does Atkins eventually become a Low Fat diet? (not as low as your typical low fat diets but MUCH lower then Induction/OWL)

I ask this b/c I went back and read Atkins 2002 book and in the Q&A section he was asked if he promotes a high fat diet and his response was......... Not exactly b/c once you work towards maintence you will have to DECREASE your fats as you INCREASE your carbs.

So that left me thinking is that why alot of people have trouble staying on Atkins I mean really following it to the letter and tend to always go back to Induction/OWL? I find that alot of people are not truly going up the rungs as written in the book and are actually stuck at Induction with a few added OWL-Maintence foods thrown in every now and then. To me this is not how the plan was design.

Let me say this is not a bash in any form on the Atkins diet (before anyone starts posting). I read and come to my own conclusions but I am curious as to what think?

For me I am tired of dieting and want something I can live with without feeling deprived. I don't want to spend my life afraid to leave Induction.