#27   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-08, 07:54

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryAJ
You can't???? But I am! and I have been doing PP/PPLP for 5 years. EDIT: Oops!! I sorry I missed your lack of a gallbladder - that makes you a SPECIAL CASE. Getting your body to run on fat is what you want to do so you can burn away your unwanted stored fat. In your case, I am not sure what the best approch to that would be. I hope you find out.

Breakfast is 80% fat from olive oil and coconut oil which gives me about 1400 calories. I do not eat lunch because I am NOT hungry and go 8 hours or so til I eat supper. 2nd edit: I should add in here that I eat most of my protein for supper and thus have less fat then. So overall my total fat may be in the range of 60-70%. I have been doing PP/PPLP for the lipid (and other) benifits, not to loose weight.

Remember, PP/PPLP has NO EXPLICIT foods you must (or must not) eat. The parameters are; FIRST - enough protein for your body size/activity [ I have not seen any indication that the Eades would allow unlimited protein consumption!], Second - limit carbohydrates such that your body MUST use glucogensis to have enough blood serum glucose for the few cells that need it (no miticohondria), and FINALY - eat enough FAT to supply the calories you need. Supplements are recomended where you cannot get YOUR daily requirement from the foods/drinks you eat. Magnesium being the one that the Eades would FIRST recommend.

Thanks Larry, appreciate your input here. I guess I should have said "I" just can't eat all that fat". I'm just starting PP and have only read the Protein Power book so I'm still learning the program. But one itty-bitty statement made in the book stuck in my mind, which read: When in doubt eat lean meat, fish, or fowl and salad. BUT in another place it reads not to worry about fat. PP allows me more carbs than I've been eating for the last almost three months, and I've read on a thread or two that with an increase in carbs, you should decrease your fat intake, so that's where I was coming from. I know I'll still eat my coconut oil and butter and olive oil, so I'm not worried about that kind of fat, just think I'll be more cautious about the animal fats, especially since that's the kind of fat that my body with it's missing gall blader, rebels against.