View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-08, 08:16

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

K: How are u coming reading the PPLP book? Have u officially decided to switch or waiting till u get through the book?
One caution is that going from Atkins to PP u have to go to the less fat choices because of the increased intake of carbs. (I think I said this to u already, but it bears repeating). I tried hi-fatting for a while and had to quit, but the mentality of "it's okay to eat a high amount of fat" has lingered and u just can't eat all that fat on PP. My choices have been marbled steak and chicken thighs, when they should have been leaner cuts of beef and chicken breasts. Oh well, as long as I'm living I'll continue to learn. Hope this helps.

Actually it feels like I'm coming full circle. When I started LC I did it on my own and just cut out bread, cereal, most sugar, potatoes and ate protein and veggies. And guess what? After reading 3 more books, and 100's of threads on this forum, I'm going back to what I started off doing in the first place only is called Protein Power. I should have written a book.