Plan: cronometer + Ray Peat
Stats: 185/118.4/125 Female 5' 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 111%
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
Here's what changed for me when I went from Atkins to PPLP:

1. I started eating more protein. Just eating the PPLP recommended minimum protein for my size made me less hungry without giving me that sick feeling I was getting from eating a huge amount of fat. I was eating a lot of fat on Atkins to stop hunger.

2. Because I was less hungry I started eating less fat. My fat % dropped to about 60%. My caloric intake dropped. I didn't try to do this -- it just happened.

3. I started eating berries, melons and peaches again. They tasted incredibly good. I started eating the occasional serving of beans, which I love. I returned to eating the occasional toasted LC tortilla, which completely killed my bread cravings. I started eating fried chicken pieces and fried pork chops dusted with flour instead of the myriad of substitutions I had attempted on Atkins, and they tasted good. And I did it all without anyone telling me I was doing something wrong, and I have zero carb cravings.

4. My weight decreased.

5. I feel mentally and physically more alert and energetic.

How long were you doing Atkins before you switched? I read the original PP years ago and liked a lot of it, but wasn't ready to totally embrace LC as a WOE instead of a diet. But a lot of what you said really rings true for me. You have me considering switching to PPLP, especially as strawberry season turns to peach season, and corn is coming in......

Am I considering switching too soon? Any thoughts welcome!

P.S. Am checking out PPLP from my local library TODAY--will post back what I think.