View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-22, 11:13

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Hello again all, and Happy New Year!!!

Another New Year, and time once again to get rid of last year's fat that I accumulated through poor eating habits, mostly in the last 6 months. Lots of the damage was done during the two 2-week visits when my son was on leave, where I attempted to eat and drink like a 19-year old. It was fun, but I was quite ready to return to low carb ways when he returned to his unit on 1/2.

Where I stand at present is around 210+, but I am holding off on stepping on a scale until the end of January...just because. I know I am below 220 because my 36 waist pants still fit OK, but they would not abide much more weight gain:-).

The plan is to probably do 2-3 months of very low carb to get below 190, and then moderate some (and then probably fall off the wagon again and be back here in the confessional next year this time:-) I am looking forward to this...as I enjoy the challenge associated with the weight loss.

Good news is my workout routine has been going well, and I have kept injury free all last year (knock on wood). I am lifting 4 days a week for approx. 45 minutes, then doing some leg/cardio/core for 15 minutes (Got my bench up to 250...not too shabby for an almost 58 year old guy...and only 35 shy of my bench PR when I was 21). On 2 of the non-lifting days I am rucking 2-4 miles with a 70# ruck. I am also trying to do 50+ pushups every day this year.

Time to get some meat and salad for lunch. Thanks to the community for being here!!