View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-14, 23:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/186/140 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 39%

I just wanted to post to say I know how you feel. We live next door to DH's grandparents, and are in constant battles over the food they force on my kids. Fortunately we are at a point now that my oldest, who is 6, knows that most of the stuff Her Oma offers her is bad for her and refuses it. My four year old son, on the other hand is not there yet. If his Oma offers a treat he's gonna take it. Neither of my kids are heavy - in fact we have issues with them being "too lean" so far. But we do spend a lot of time and effort discussing real food vs. crap food, which is helped by the fact that we have a very large garden and greenhouse. I also regularly discuss food and it's impact on our health with them, and have them help me prep and cook meals. I keep them between 75 and 100 grams of carbs on average. Some days are higher, some lower. It's not always easy, and it's that much harder when you have a MIL, or in my case, a GIL who believes you're doing them some sort of disservice on top of all of that. Sounds to me like you're doing an amazing job at standing up for your sons right to be healthy. Keep it up! If you don't, who will?