Old Mon, Feb-09-09, 16:47

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrus

Quote:
I was Atkins for nearly 5 years, recently changed over to SB - but with SB I can't move off Ph. I and lose, so I still don't get to "indulge" ever. The thought of doing that once a week makes most anything sound tolerable for the rest of the week.
Thanks for any help.

Even though I like low carb eating and know that a person can be successful doing it, the part that I can't come to terms with is adding the carbs back in. For some people (like me) it can trigger a carb binge of monumental proportions LOL. This happened to me and all the weight I'd lost came back. I read something in another book that made a lot of sense to me - that when you cut carbs so drastically for so long and then try to re-introduce them - your body doesn't know what to with them because it's gotten so used to using the fat you eat and that's stored for fuel - so it stores the carbs you eat - all of them. This is not me saying this, this is what I read in a book whether it's true or not, I don't know. But for me it gave me a reason for wanting to try this because you get to keep your carbs (veggies) so adding other ones back in (the right ones) doesn't become a problem for your body to handle. It almost sounds like the missing link.