View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-06, 07:16

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 258.5/244.5/180 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi,

My candida got diagnosed from a naturopathic/homeopathic/traditional doctor. she is fabulous. However, if you already notice having a lot of bloating, constipation, loose stools, etc etc, then maybe you dont need to go get checked out.

The first thing I would do if I were you is to cut out all grains right away and see if maybe its not just a gluten intolerance issue. read up about celiacs disease and see if instead that fits you. gluten free diet is easier than candida kill diet.

if you still think its a candida issue, then get rid of everything but meat, eggs, and veggies. cut out anything with vinegar or mold (peanuts and cheeses). read up on books called Yeast Connection or something like that. Do that for a week or two and see how youre doing. You might start experiencing candida die off syptoms which include a WORSENING OF YOUR OWN SYMPTOMS! you might feel like CRAP for a few DAYS. more diarrhea or constipation, itching of the skin, immense fatigue, general crappiness. If this is true, the PERSEVERE! do NOT eat CARBS or anything not good for you! KEEP GOING! that will mean it is working. yea, it sucks a lot, but its a good thing. Whatever you do, DO NOT EAT SUGAR! SUGAR AND WHEAT PRODUCTS WILL NOT HELP YOU AT ALL, DON'T DO IT!

If you start experiencing die off with JUST DIET then something is going right and you can start adding in some natural antibiotics to help the gut. I personally recommend Zuleikkas oil of oregano/ vitamin C flush. Maybe she'll post on it, but if not, go through some of the other threads where its been discussed (particularly the long ones, one started by skeewaka is good). also, coconut oil is great, melt 1-2 tablespoons in hot water or coffee and drink. You might notice die off symptoms with the coconut oil as well. again, thats a good thing! Taking garlic supplements also is very helpful and will help kill off bad bacteria. To add in good bacteria (something i always forget to do) eat either natural non sugar yogurt (ive heard Stoneyfield is a good brand) or ferment your own (yea, right, i dont do that at all.. ) or you can take different probiotic supplements specifically acidopholus which should help.

All these things can be gotten at GNC. Vitamin C, Ester C, Oil of Oregano, Acidopholus, Garlic. The OOO is pricey, but worth it. The kind I get comes in a bottle with a dropper and i just take about half a droppers worth every morning with water. You might also want to check into a vitamin D deficiency, but again Zuleika is the queen of that. Check through some of the other threads about vitamin D as well.

I started out with all these problems in February and I'm feeling A TON better now. No more constipation or loose stools, I'm fairly regular! No more intense water retention. My moods are better, my brain fog is gone, and I'm a lot more energetic and happy. I really blame it on Vitamin D and iron supplements to be honest (im really anemic), but all in all everything Ive done has helped.

You can get through this!