View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 08:59

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I wasn't getting semantic this time--certainly it would make the diet not vegan. It's the idea that a diet that would have been otherwise vegan would be "ruined" by adding fish to it, that it would be less healthful--not less vegan--that I was speaking to. "Plant-based" diet advocates like McDougall and Ornish etc. often point to groups that eat "mostly plants" to support an "only plant" diet.

Going back to semantical--yes, you could say that. Ovo-vegetarian includes all the things the person eats, eggs and vegetables. Omnivorous would be wrong, because there's lots of stuff the person doesn't eat. Ovo-vegetarian is a reasonable way to say that a person eats eggs and vegetables. We can say that means their not a "true" vegetarian. I don't care, I know what they eat from the terminology, that's what it's for.

Anyways, I think it's up to the vegans to make people who also eat eggs feel like they don't fit in, not us. Maybe we should be picking on carnivores who allow for a sprig of parsley next to their steak.