View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-18, 20:38
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF + IF
Stats: 245/218/140 Female 59in
BF:
Progress: 26%

Well, it has been awhile. (looks around, brushes dust from the pixels) I've had an eventful 5 years since that last post.

I retired. My husband planned to join me in some projects I always wanted to do, but then got cold feet and wanted to continue working until he was 70, and THEN we could do all that. He was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer at 65, so I'm on my own, trying to figure out which of those things I can actually do by myself.

Strictly speaking, I'm not doing Atkins induction level low carb, most of the time. I do it on the lead-up to an IF session, but when I do OMAD, I don't worry much about the low carb aspect. If/when the weight loss stalls, I'll get stricter about it.

Motivation: Obamacare motivated me to look at other medical insurance options, so I joined Liberty Healthshare, a Christian health-sharing ministry. Because of my physical condition, they insist that I undergo "coaching" to help me achieve "my" health goals. At this point, my biggest goal is to reduce my weight so that I am no longer required to submit to coaching. That's 150lb.

So, I freely admit I'm doing this for the wrong reasons, but I really am looking forward to being able to stand up without groaning (already seeing some improvement there!), and having energy to do more than veg out on weekends (got a ways to go there). And if I can get back to the 125lb or so I weighed in my college days, so much the better. I haven't really set a final goal yet. Figure I'll know when I get there.