View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 08:50
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF + IF
Stats: 245/218/140 Female 59in
BF:
Progress: 26%

Thank you all for the welcome! This site seems like a good place to get encouragement. Family doesn't always "get it". My husband is diabetic, but isn't consistent about keeping his carbs down. He's doing better than he used to, but sometimes he just have to have his carbs.

I didn't decide to take the week off because of the diet, but it does make it that much easier to get into it. I'm looking for food every few minutes during the first few days, and I can find it at home. Work is full of junk food, and not so much of the good stuff. Even the cafeteria doesn't always have low-carb options.

Test strips came, and I'm in ketosis already. I thought so, from the familiar flavor in my mouth, but it's good to be sure. I'll have to be careful not to breathe on anybody for the duration.

I should mention also that I've been reading up on Leptin Reset on a couple of threads around here, and it sounds like something I can incorporate into the plan. That'll make me Atkins+IF+LR+CT? I don't think any of them conflict with each other.

LR means I have a big lo-carb breakfast and don't eat until lunch. No snacks at any time. IF means I skip supper, which I should be able to do if I eat a big lo-carb lunch. CT doesn't seem to dictate what time of day I freeze my butt off, though LR seems to want breakfast to come ahead of anything else.

Does that about sum it up?