View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 21:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

Wow, pull ups with weights strapped to your legs? I'm lucky I can do pull ups at all, let alone with excess weight! I bow before your awesomeness.

You played baseball in college? I'm interested--I played softball. For some reason I picture you as outfield, perhaps left or center. I played both.

As far as sprinting, that's still a pretty damn good time to be clocked at the 40. I wouldn't beat yourself up too much, though I know we are our own worst enemies when it comes to fitness success and acceptance.

My question is do you weight yourself daily? Is your relationship with the scale healthy or is the scale an afterthought compared with body performance, endurance, strength, and appearance?

I related to what you mentioned about it taking three long years to train as you once did. My low carb fitness journey has taken me three years also, though I'm in better shape now than I was in college. I attribute this success to marathoning and becoming a seasoned runner. I'm debating the merits of a triatholon next summer, but I don't have anywhere in which to safely swim outdoors in my area, unless one wants to be sucked underneath a tow boat and processed through the propellers on the other side. I have rrational fears of propellers and spiders, so that's definitely not for me.

Alright, I'll stop rambling now. Er...keep up the good work with your exercise? It sounds silly to offer encouragement to someone who has made it daily routine. I'll have to think of something quirky and witty for next time, as it's late and most of my idiosyncratic wittisms have escaped my brain. Nothing like trying to pull rapier comments from vapid space.

Amory