View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-19, 04:53

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

The taste of squirrel is steeped with acorn tannins, which is why we don't see squirrel in the deli case

That is the idea of feeding certain things to the animals one is going to eat, like Japanese Wagu beef. I prefer (budget willing) my beef grass-fed because that is what cows are adapted to eat. I have reached the point where I can tell the taste difference, and there are local outlets where hamburger, for instance, is comparable to a better cut of grain-fed beef.

But the hamburger tastes better. It's more versatile. And satisfying, which must be factored into the equation. I can eat half-a-pound of beef or pork that way, for less than the cost of a fancy health food frozen meal. And those were often so unsatisfying I would sometimes eat two.

People who experience better food will crave better food. I'm not that gifted a chef, but my cooking skills have improved to the point where my good ingredients taste fantastic. I have far less problem passing up the junk those around me consider food when I know I have an actual gourmet meal available at home.