#2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-11, 18:16
Registered Member

Plan: paleo/primal
Stats: 207/202/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Paula,

I'm no expert on LC yet, cause I just started. However I literally feel your pain back-wise. I had 2 discs slip badly (so much that one touched a nerve). Had to have surgery to remove one and repair the other. Afterwards I had a year of rehab to get back to somewhat normal. 10 years later and I still have some pain but I have made it much less and here's how.

IMO you need to really strengthen your core the most! So I recommend crunches, twisting movements, and do not for get the low back. For the low back the best thing IMO is to lay on your stomach. Like the Superman position with your arms straight out in front stretching forward. All at once lift your arms and legs off the ground a few inches. Hold this up for 10-30 seconds (building up). Repeat that 10 times like you would any exercise in a set.

If you do this I promise your core will get stronger. IMO that is why your back is fatigued after a long day of standing, bending, hauling etc.

Strengthening your legs, arms, and everything else is great also, but I believe if you only have a short time period that low back and core is what you must do 5 days a week if possible to strengthen your core.

Good luck!

Banjo