View Single Post
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-11, 17:06

Plan: not one specifically
Stats: 123/113/105 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi all - first post here. my hubby was just diagnosed with diabetes (type 2 I guess, no insulin) he is on glucophage once per day. he can't do high-fat because he has a horrible family history of heart disease (no male on his dads side of the family has lived over the age of 59, all died of massive heart attacks) but his mom's side of the family all huge diabetics, and that's what his mom died from. anyway so I told him I would of course make this lifestyle change with him. A little background on us - I am 5'2" he is 6'2",when we started 5 weeks ago, I weighed 123, he weighed 210. we workout regularly, running and lifting weights. since we started he's lost almost 25 lbs and I've lost 9. before this, we ate LOW FAT, LOW CALORIE everything! 100 calorie packs, reduced fat chips ahoy...you name it we ate it if it was low cal low fat. obviously I wouldn't say "diabetes is the best thing that ever happened to us" but wow what a difference this diet (lifestyle) has made for both of us. however, I do'nt know enough about the low carb options or how many carbs we should have every day (him specifically since he's the one with the diagnosis) since there are so many different LC diets. We tried atkins once and had a hard time during the induction phase of less than 20grams per day. I am right around 50-60 per day right now, he is probably around the same. Any advice anyone here could give us would be great and much appreciated. thanks.