View Single Post
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-11, 16:48

Plan: NANY
Stats: 330/281/170 Female 64.5 inches
BF:Mostly Fried Foods
Progress: 31%

I started taking the chelated Mg supplement about a week ago, starting at 100 mg 1x per day, then 100 mg 2x per day, then 200 mg once in the morning. Unfortunately, three times I've experienced abrupt, excruciating headaches during um, quality time with my husband. I have never had this problem before and have been married for almost 21 years. The pain is extremely focused in the middle of the right side of my head and lasts for hours. It feels like an ice pick is stabbing me in one spot. I haven't found any information connecting Mg supplements to new, unexplained headaches...only tons of information linking Mg supplementation with headache relief. UGH - go figure!

So, yesterday was my last dose of Mg and now I'll give it a few days to leave my body before seeing if my horrible new problem happens again. Whether it does or not, I'm going to go see my doc and hopefully she will order a CT or MRI of my noggin.

I just wonder how long it takes for the Mg to leave my body. I'm scared to try again! The pain is really focused, really intense, and really scary.