#277   ^
Old Wed, May-22-13, 04:11

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoreyTK
It must be nice to be able to attend Dr. Westmans clinic! Where I live I can't even find a low carb doctor. My current doctor flat out said to me you're still going to have a heart attack in 20 year even though my weight has gone down, and my cholesterol numbers, blood pressure, have improved ... sigh. Part of me wants to change doctors but why go from one conventional wisdom doctor to another, just doesn't seem worth it to me.

You've lost 46 pounds and improved all your numbers and your doctor says that?! Have you considered going to a Naturopath Doctor if the Canada health care includes them? There is one nutrionist on the PaleoPhysisciansNetwork in Edmonton but not a medical doctor. Maybe Dr Jay Wortman might know of a low carb supporter near to you. I'm currently trying to find a GP for my DD, I phone each office and outright ask about the doctor's views on diet. Even if a doctor doesn't promote low carb, at least he should be thrilled and supportive that you have done what so very few of patients do...improve their health.