View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-12, 13:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/215/180 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Pumpkin Flax Bread *induction legal*

This morning I was in a hurry and had to make something quick that I could pop in the oven in a few min and forget about while I finished getting ready. I was a bit over eggs for breakfast so tried something different. I thought it would come out custardy but it had a very bread like texture. I kept the sweetness to a minimum so as not to induce cravings just in case. I can see how this would be good as french toast, although I won't allow myself Walden farms sf syrup until my extra week of induction is done, or even savory with herbs and parmesan cheese added.

1 extra large egg
2T ground flax seed
2T heavy cream
1 drop liquid splenda
1/4 C canned pumpkin
pinch of salt
tiny drop of vanilla
pinch of pumpkin pie spice

Beat the egg, mix everything else in, pour into a buttered individual casserole dish, ramekin, or equivalent (i just sprayed it with pam and it stuck a little bit so use butter). Bake at 350 for about 20m. I guess you could do this in the microwave but I don't really like the texture of things "baked" that way.

This tastes very different than the low carb pumpkin bake recipe. That was much more silky and desserty while this was more bready. So far it has not induced cravings at all. Yay!

Cal: 315
Fat: 27
Fiber: 7.5
Carbs:12.5
Pro:12

5g net carbs
Sponsored Links