View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-09, 08:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/260/185 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hey, I've been doing Atkins induction for a few months now, but have gone on and off as I had certain events and a couple of vacations planned. I know it's not great to go on and off, but I think it's better than doing nothing.

During a random conversation with a random person about carbs and LC dieting, I heard about the CAD. Does anyone know if it's possible to do the Atkins induction most of the time, and every once in a rare while (special occasion) have a "reward meal" without throwing yourself OUT of Ketosis?

I've heard the CAD authors do not agree with Ketosis, but my understanding is it's the best way to burn fat.

I've lost a decent amount of weight after doing this for 3+ months. Not sure how much cuz I didn't weigh myself when I started. I did weigh myself recently, so I'll be able to track weight loss from now on.

So does anyone know if I can grant myself the occasional reward meal (eaten within an hour) without having to restart the process of entering ketosis which may take a few days of low carb eating?

In the past, I've used the Ketone Test strips to see if my "cheats" put me out of ketosis, and according to the sticks I was still in ketosis. So I thought I had it made. Although now, I'm hearing that those test strips are unreliable.

Can anyone help me??