View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 03:45

Plan: Ketogenic and OMAD
Stats: 325/283/185 Male 69 inches
BF:Sorry, don't know
Progress: 30%

Thanks again Janet and you too ImOnMyWay.

I've noticed a 'strange coincidence' IOMW, I've just looked at your stats on your posting and I've now lost the exact amount you hope to lose, to achieve your final target. Believe me, if I can do it...so can you too.

Janet, while I understand your thinking, what if I do fall short of my target? I have considered that possibility. As I mentioned in my initial post, my doctor's diagnosis provided the motivation to 'get stuck into' this diet. I'd put it off for waaayyy too long.

Admittedly, I haven't returned to the doctor yet to check my blood sugar levels, (he said to leave it 3 months to give the diet a chance to 'work it's magic' LOL)

I'm fairly confident I've reversed that diagnosis, by the weight loss I've achieved. However, to have that officially confirmed is something I intend doing soon...and will report the results on this forum when I do.

So should I only lose '8 stone,' I'll be seriously 'disappointed' in myself on the one hand. But I will at least be 8 stone lighter, and so, that'll signify a major improvement on where I was at the end of April. But I also don't intend to fail in my quest.

Also Janet, fortunately, as I'd only just been diagnosed and told him immediately I intended to go down the Ketosis and OMAD (One Meal A Day) route, he didn't prescribe any medication. It was always my intention never to accept any, as I've read some horror stories about the potential side effects. His concerns were also allayed somewhat, by the knowledge I already had about the ketosis process, having lost over 6 stone (85.5lbs) back in 2011.

With regards 'Goal setting,' (setting dates) I'm a bloke and we are wired that way I think? Well, at least I am! It's a real challenge to overcome. Yes, losing 140lbs in a calendar year is certainly an ambitious target no doubt. But keeping stats and meeting mini targets, like I have this week, provides me with further motivation, to fuel the fight. It gives me yet another positive element to the weight loss process.

Beating or achieving my target when I weigh on a Monday, provides me with 'one heck of a buzz!' I walk on air for the whole day!

It's like following the sports scores, every Monday when I weigh...and wonder if I'm 'on target'...have I 'won' this week etc etc. I think blokes would identify with that male motivation. I've always been 'goal orientated.' And as a salesman for much of my working life, I tend to follow the 'Failure to plan, is planning to fail' mantra. Hence my 'goal setting.'

Although, fitting into my old clothes in the 'forgotten half' of my wardrobe is certainly another 'highly satisfying' landmark. LOL

I can't remember if I mentioned but I've started to Fast recently and find, probably due to the OMAD routines, that I'm able to do that without any problems. Recently, out of curiosity, I tried a '100 hours Fast' and achieved it too (4 days and 4 hours of not eating). Only drinking 3 litres (approx. 6 pints) of water each day and the occasional cup of tea.

Having read up on the science behind 'fasting' not only does it help with your weight loss figures, but it also provides your body with a significant boost with clearing the junk out from your cells. (Google 'Autophagy' for the low down on this) Or, I've included a website regarding the benefits of 'Fasting' should anyone be interested?

https://www.healthline.com/nutritio...tent=2018-07-30

Anyway, enough 'waffle' from me today. I just wanted you all to know I'm aware of the concerns expressed, and just like 'Miss Pi' I also hope 'I'mOnMYWay' to my target weight.

Hopefully, by my birthday in April...what a great birthday pressie to myself that would be eh? LOL