Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by amusemeluv
...So thinking it would be just as easy this time, I got back on. .....I'm scared that since I've abused the low-card diet the last several months, that it won't work this time?!?
hi amusemeluv, welcome to our forum ...

Weight loss is always harder the second (or fourth or fifth) time around, no matter what program you follow. The fact that you had such a successful weight loss with lowcarb, then gained when you went back to eating carbs suggests that you are very sensitive to them (so am I .. ) It may well be that if you're to maintain the weight and fat loss in future, you may never go back to eating the way you did before lowcarb. This is why many of us veteran lowcarbers call this a way of life (WOL)

Did you go right back to strict Induction, 20 total carbs per day?? No lowcarb bars, baked goods, lowcarb desserts, ketopasta etc?? Real natural food - meats, eggs, dairy, salads and vegetables. Natural fats, such as butter and olive oil? And are you drinking lots and lots of water?? Um, what about exercise? The Induction should get you back into ketosis, if you are doing it to the letter. Are you weighing and measuring your carbs?? I find that I have to get the scales and measuring spoons out every now and then ..... it's amazing how quickly the eyeball relaxes

I've been a chronic yo-yo dieter in the past. Each time was more difficult to lose than the last, and harder to keep it off afterward. This time, my weight loss has been very slow ... but the longer time is serving me well --- lowcarbing is becoming my habit, how I will eat for the rest of my life.

I'm sure the weight loss will get started up again soon, maybe you just need to make a few more changes for now. I'm looking forward to reading about your success!

Doreen