View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 17:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/166/143 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

gggrrrhhh, just lost my post thanks to my lovely pc ;-(

ok, here it goes again: (sorry if its a bit short and rough)

i just learned to substitute - i found the foods I really like and just keep eating them in some sort of variation and I dont get bored ;-)

If you click on the fitday link below my name, you can see all the foods I eat everday, or probably should say the ingredients I eat.

If you click on journal here you can see the meals I make out of the ingredients, but I havent posted in my journal for ages, but I havent really changed what I eat

Generally its:

2 eggs for breakfast (either with cream cheese and cinnamon, or with melted cheddar cheese) or about once a week the nutty porridge

lunch is about 150 g of salad and some sort of meat (chicken, turkey, mince, tuna, salmon) and cheese or some sort of sauce

dinner is basically the same as lunch but instead of hte salad i would have vegetables (broccoli or cauliflower or spinache mostly)

And then I am addicted to whipped cream with cocoa powder - just dont know when to stop ;-( also am really bad with nuts!!

I dont normally get constipated, if I do, i use ground linseed and sprinkle about a table spoon over my dinner and make sure I drink loads of water afterwards - that always helps me.

What do you normally eat on an average day?

Not sure about the bread, I have about a lc slice a month ;-) If you can stop yourself after I slice, it probably should be ok if you restrict your other carbs so you dont go over your limit.

you could try the flax bread. I found it on the site here, but not sure where exactly:

"
I use a small Tupperware bowl, or a small soup bowl.

Two TBS melted butter
Beat in one large egg and a pinch of salt (no need if your butter is salted)
mix in 3 TBS of ground flax and
1/2 tsp of baking powder "

its quite nice - I think I'll have some for breakfast tomorrow...

I think I have a good bit of fat - I just ran a report on fitday, and i eat about 90 g of fat a day... not sure whether that is high or low for lc, but its at about 60-75% where my calories re coming from - sounds a bit scary ;-)

I think Babs (Greanmhar) uses the Dreamfield pasta, but don't know where she gets it from. Here in Dublin we can get Carb Options pasta in Tesco. Where are you from again? Wexford? Maybe check out your local tesco and see if they can get it i for you or try your local health food shop?