View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-05, 13:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/200/155 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

I don't really count calories - I concentrate more on healthy choices/snacks. Eliminating desserts (obviously) cuts way back on calories - but I just try to always reach for some variety of veggie or protein when I'm snacking. In the same conversation about low-carbing while pregnant, my ob said 1800 calories. I think how much you eat has a TON to do with how overweight you were to start. Are you medically obese? (i.e. 20% heavier than a "normal" body weight) Are you just trying to gain pregnancy weight in a healthy way? We started low-carbing when I was nursing baby #2. At that time, I scoured low-carb lit for pregnancy info and came up empty handed. I'm sure the low-carb professionals don't want to be crucified. Anyway, at the time, I emailed a medical provider who was a low-carber and she said eats *TONS* of veggies with every meal. That was when we started my oldest on whole wheat toast with cheese, and bell pepper on the side for breakfast! Anyway, you need healthy carbs, i.e. veggies and a SMALL amount of fruit. You don't need gobs of rice and pasta. Think complex carbs. O.K. now I've ranted...sorry. Hope some of it was helpful...