View Single Post
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-18, 08:55

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

Did you see the story about the mama orca whale who carried her dead calf for over 2 weeks. Apparently there are pods of orcas who haven't had any live births for years because of the amount of contamination in their food and because there aren't enough salmon to sustain them properly.

I'm not sure why you're worried about eating sardines? Smash fish are supposed to be clean and nutrient dense. Smash equals salmon mackerel anchovy sardine and herring. Dr. Bredeson, the Alzheimer's guy recommends smash fish.

There's also the website about safe fish sustainable fish that's put up by the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I'm sure that there are inexpensive safe alternatives for fish on there. They've got a list of resources for each state in the USA.

Back to the whales again, there are environmentalists in the Pacific Northwest who are asking people to stop eating any salmon until the salmon stocks are built up again. Especially farm salmon because it's so horrible for the environment and for the wild salmon. I don't know if I can actually do that. Salmon are fish that my kids will actually eat. We only get the wild caught Alaskan salmon.