View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 15:49
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Maria! Congratulations on being almost there!

I usually eat around 50-90 g carbs per day. It gets toward the higher end on days where I go out for dinner or to a club - it often involves beer. My strategy for "cheating" (for the lack of a better word) is to adopt a CAD-type strategy and try to have a full meal first - one that includes fiber and protein to slow down the carb absorption.

It sounds like you have a handle on what you body can and can't tolerate. In maintenance, you can always just add more of what you're already eating: more cheese, cream, perhaps some LC baking and desserts every now and then. Maybe a little more fruit and higher-carb veggies. You can experiment.

>>"Is there any low carb pogram that is regarded as being better than another in the aspect of life maintenance?"

I think they tend to resemble one another once you reach maintenance!

I can tell you from when I was off the exercise wagon compared to being back on that I can *definitely* tolerate more carbs thanks to resistance training. If you aren't already, do consider it. It doesn't have to be complicated; I haven't spent one penny on exercise. Resistance training improves your carb tolerance, makes you stronger, improves your self-confidence, make you look leaner, helps prevent bone loss, and just makes you feel good all 'round!