View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-09, 14:29

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 235/175/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I started smoking when I was 12 and quit when I was 24. My husband actually quit a few weeks before I did -- as soon as he quit I first stopped smoking in the house and in the car. He took down the pictures in our home and I saw just how yellow and nasty the walls were -- and pictured that's how my mouth and tongue and lungs must look. Once I got it into my head that I had to quit, since I was no longer smoking in the house or car so I broke a lot of my psychological addiction first, I just did it. It was 3 days of hell, but then easy.

Then again, I've had a few friends who quit quite easily taking welbutrin. I'm glad I went the route I did because I never and I mean NEVER want to feel the way I did those three days. I still occasionally have dreams where I smoke and am addicted to cigarettes -- I'm glad I do because it's a good reminder of how miserable being addicted to them really is.

Find something new for your "me" time. Save the money you spent on cigarette and get your hair and nails done once a week or every other week. Use that money to buy books or whatever. No reason you still can't treat yourself to something special.