Old Mon, Feb-19-07, 20:51
Registered Member

Plan: Paleolithic
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayppers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe n3 EFAs are also polyunsaturated fatty acids, like n6s.

You're right. I stand corrected.

Capo, I try to buy all my meat products from pasture-fed farms. You can see if there is any local farms near you at www.eatwild.com. To me it's important to buy grass-fed animals for a lot of reasons. But one thing is for sure, I would definitely not eat fat (including butter) from a conventional source. All the toxic crap they put in the feed ends up in the fat. And what they feed them is disgusting. It includes chicken poop with the newspaper and all and restaurant scraps. I'm not a purist. I'll go to a friend's house and eat whatever they have. But for daily purposes, I only eat grass-fed, and barring that organic. But even organically fed cows are given grain and soy, which to me is not the optimal diet for a cow. Chickens need grass and insects. "Vegetarian feed" does not give chickens the EFA's that end up in eggs.

Butter contains catalysts that help in the absorption of minerals, and has other factors like CLA and what Price called the X factor. Butter oil is super concentrated, so Price used the latter in healing. I suppose taking butter would work to some degree. Let us know how that goes.