#10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-21, 08:43

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
Oh- man do I want to jump in on this on. I AM a healthcare provider (nurse) and have seen things that people would not believe for the love of greed and money. People in their most vulnerable come to us and expect a truthful path. Instead they get pills pushed by high Pharma, procedures they do not need and what the hell- lets do XYZ because we can.

Bariatric surgery is a last resort only- yet it is a HUGE money maker and people fail it unless they change their mindset (free). Add that to the PROCESS of bariatric surgery to begin with. You need to liquid fast and LOSE weight PRIOR to surgery to shrink your stomach.
Yet we never tell people they have the power to change.

I worked in a diabetic clinic and would go and tell people about Keto and got called out for it. After all why in the world would we truly want to HEAL and CURE. No $$$$$$$ -
I was ask once if there will be a cure for cancer. I am sure what I said would get me booted from here.

Yeah- I am a nurse still. I am bucking the system all the way. I tell people TRUTH. Thankfully my field has options where those of us "rogue" people can make a difference!

Yup and yup on studies- always look at who is funding it. Always!
Ok- will put soap box away!

Carry on warriors!

No need to stow the soapbox. This is a common theme on this forum, and you have described the conflicts in an individual's attempt to achieve health very articulately. In my visits to the doctor over the past few years, I have witnessed these dynamics. When one reaches a certain age, a physician in the USA is obligated to suggest statins regardless of underlying conditions. This is the pharma influence that's become so powerful, around which many of the tenets that represent the today's standards of care are developed.

The mostly unspoken issue with bariatric surgery is that many patients don't change their lifestyles after surgery and, over time post surgery, regain the weight after an extremely invasive and risky procedure. The power comes from adjusting one's lifestyle, but it's represented as complicated or communicated as a radical change from normal eating and activity, and deemed by "health experts" as unsustainable. The dirty secret is that lifestyle adaptations are not expensive, and if well planned, don't become a sacrifice leading to cravings once one has adapted.