View Single Post
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 08:42
Circling...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/222/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 10%

That's weird about your tubes. Hopefully all will be OK now. Maybe just a bad couple tubes.

My sister had gotten a flat last year when we were riding trail a lot in Canada. It was right after I changed her bike back to fat tires (after having slicks on it). I realized the problem was the stem wasn't straight through the opening in the rim so it was rubbbing. I know you said your flats were in different spots so that wouldn't be the case but just something I've done when changing tires.

Thanks for the thumbs up on my bike. I am really looking forward to getting it. I guess Wednesday will be the day. I'm getting it at Downingtown Bike Shop on business 30 towards Thorndale. I also looked at Shirks and Exton. Didn't bother going into any of the Bikelines. But I felt I got a fair amount of rides in at those 3 shops and feel good about my decision. When you test rode your Sequoia was it behind the bike shop in the parking lot? I wasn't sure if I could ask to take it to that trail nearby (by Main Street Exton) or if everyone rode behind the store. They were going to give me a decent deal on a Giant OCR1 which was a nice bike.

How's the mtb shopping going? If you don't see anything at Exton I would definitely recommend Downingtown or Shirk's. I guess Shirk's (East Earl) would be a bit of a drive for you though. But they had a decent selection. And some great deals.

A friend of mine does a lot of mtb trail riding up at Marsh Creek. He says there are some horse loops that are decent and not real tough trails. I told him I'm chicken to ride rough trails clipped in. LOL! I've never ridden real mtb clipless. But I'm sure not taking them off now that they're on even leaving fat tires on it. When you get your mtb maybe we can check out those trails. They might be a decent place to start for getting the feel of your mtb.

Well enough of all that.... did you get a ride in yesterday?