Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%
Default Low Carb? Not so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJ
he transformed his own views throughout the project by reading GCBC, and then going very low carb for a month.

Not only didn't he do "very low carb" - he didn't do any kind of low carb, unless by low carb you mean over 130 grams of carbohydrate on a day he consumed 2000 calories. As he states on his site, specifically his Food Log page: http://www.fathead-movie.com/MyFoodLog.htm

"This is more of a modified Zone diet than a true low-carb diet. Normally I limit my carbs even more than this, but I was aiming for fast-food meals I think most people would be willing to try. Some people just can't bring themselves to give up starches completely."

While I understand his motive was to Un-SuperSize, and the movie most likely succeeds on this level, we might want to reconsider promoting it to folks as being a low carb way of eating as many of us understand it here. I don't believe it will change anyone's lowfat point of view, if that's their mindset when they see it.

And I worry that people considering LC will say "oh, look - I can have fries and buns if I want!" and then complain that LC "doesn't work" when they fail to lose weight. His comment about believing that some folks are not able to "give up starches completely" shows that he may have read GCBC for theory, but maybe he should have read Atkins for learning how to eat a sustainable LC WOE.

My 2 cents; YMMV

Lisa