View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-08, 06:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/186/160 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 48%

yeah a lot of people don't like his delivery style - he used to be a radio dj and then moved into stage hypnosis. I have to say though when I listen to his CD i quite like his voice and bizarrely find it very relaxing. However i too found the actual TV programme a bit OTT..plus being a low-moderate carber I still find it hard to eat literally WHATEVER I want.

As you say, whatever works, I just try to keep an open mind, after all it was an open mind that led me to first try Atkins years ago when it was still very new over here (in UK) despite everyone ridiculing me at the time!

Sometimes the obvious needs to be stated, yes, it shoudln't need PMcK to tell us we have the subconscious ability to control what we eat but at the end of the day it was that lack of control (or forgetting how to apply that control) that got many of us into trouble in the first place. So a refresher course in self control and learning a few tools to help beat cravings - how can that be a bad thing?

Plus he doesn't even ask you to buy his book or CD, you can get all the info you need from the TV which is (mostly) free if you want. And even if you do buy the basic book /CD it is not nearly as expensive as some out there and he's not trying to peddle supplements or magic diet pills or special foods.......maybe it is the way the show has been edited stateside but it didn't feel like an infommercial to me when I watched it the first time over here in the UK when it first aired a few years ago.

As I said before, not a miracle cure...but helpful for many...