View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 12:25

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 216/210/150
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi there,

I am in Prince Edward island so it was nice to see this thread. Has anyone ever noticed how very cheap fast food is here? I mean $2.00 gets you 6 McNuggets, fries and a drink. It's ridiculous. And unfortunately, it's been my downfall.

A few years ago I was really successful on Protien power (60 pounds), but I gained back every pound and fast food was the primary culprit. I work and so have real problems with lunch time. I also live alone, so have real problems forcing myself to cook. I am a lousy cook and a fussy eater so that doesn't help at all.

What i would really like is to find a group of low carbers here who would join me in a cooking pool - kind of like a car pool - we all make one meal a week for everyone. Share the burden, you know.

Anyway, the first time I was through this plan, I found it pretty easy, but this time...Man, I was visiting my mother's place the other day and saw some homemade chocolate chip cookies - my mouth actually watered. I mean really watered. I couldn't believe it. I have never had that strong a reaction to any food before. And yet, this time around, my sweet tooth is out of control. I figured that I would have a problem with potato chips and cheesies, because that's a real addiction for me. I have never really been much for sweets, but for some reason, the cravings are enormous this time.

Has anyone had that experience - craving foods that you don't usually go for? And does anyone have any suggestions - I didn't beat the craving - had three cookies and hated myself for it.

Well, nice talking

Lisa