View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-12, 15:20
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

And now for an opposing point of view...
http://douglassreport.com/2012/01/0...ot-to-exercise/

Quote:
Another reason not to exercise

If you’re looking to protect your heart, the last thing you want to do is punish it with super-intense workouts. The greater the strain, the greater the risk — that’s true for anyone, which is why even supposedly healthy people keel over and die after gym exercise.

And if your heart is already pumping under the strain of diabetes, pushing it to the limit with high-intensity exercise will only make matters worse — so naturally, that’s exactly what the mainstream wants you to do.

Researchers tortured eight diabetics with workouts that brought their hearts right to the brink — 90 percent of maximum heart rate — for a minute at a time during a 20-minute workout.

A minute of torture, a minute of rest… a minute of torture, a minute of rest — and so on. And after six of these workouts over two weeks, blood-sugar levels dropped by about 10 percent.

Whoop-do-doo.

Not only is that completely underwhelming, but if you keep up with these workouts, you can pretty much count the days until your next heart attack.

But you don’t have to put your heart on the line in the name of blood sugar control. In fact, you don’t have to spill even a drop of sweat to ace every blood sugar test, every time. All you need to do is swear off sugar and keep the rest of the carbs to a minimum.

For some more immediate help, try a cinnamon supplement (use a water-based extract, which minimizes the natural toxins present in cinnamon), and a synthetic form of thiamine called benfotiamine.

I trust Dr Douglas, love his blog, he's a lowcarb proponent.
I had just started doing a HIIT routine on an exercise bike, thinking I'm helping my insulin resistance and BG numbers, and now I don't know if I should continue.

Opinions on what he says?